|DEVELOPER: Iron Gate AB|
PUBLISHER: Coffee Stain Publishing
|Tuesday, February 2, 2021|
|1st boss fight. Not me|
|^ Game Audio|
|^ First Boss Fight|
|HOW LONG TO BEAT|
|IS THERE ANY DEALS|
|$19.99 (that is a deal!)|
|A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!|
|Early Access Viking Themed Survival Game set in a procedurally generated world (purgatory / valheim) with 5 biomes and more to come. Best to stick to the meadows and steams that you are used to until you gather enough skills, resources and trophies to fight each of the biome bosses. You gonna die…perhaps not…if you survive you will be rewarded with some powers…maybe you should just stick to building long houses and boats. By Odin’s beard! Perhaps you should play with up to 10 other players online to get some help. Oh no you chose PVP. Enjoy Valhala you dead warrior. Have fun walking back to camp.|
– Art – Environmentals look great! The character designs could use some work.
– Animation – Movement is ok. Could be improved. But that is really secondary here…have you seen how minecraft moves!?
– Music/Effects – Hit or miss. Meadow music is pretty mellow…but can get a little repetitive. I turned it down. The action scenes are rocking…Most hits give a satisfying feeling.
– V/O – Mostly grunts. Works.
– World Building – Good enough. Most of it is based on Norse Mythology so the base is good.
– Game Play – Pretty solid crack like gameplay. May I have another…sure…just 5 more minutes.
– AI/NPC – Ok. Well balanced. You can’t ignore them but you should be able to easily defeat most as long as you have been skilling up your character and paying attention to where you are.
– Controls – Works well enough in most cases. A lot of hidden keyboard shortcuts that are not announced in game. You have to hunt them down. Building can be hit or miss.
– Interface – pretty minimal. It works. Most times. Unless you need to build something. Get out of here hammer!
Endgame – Build a nest in the AllFather’s Facial Hair and snuggle in for some Valhala like snuggling.
8 ‘By Odin’s Beard’ out of 10 Valhalas
|Tags: Open World Survival, Craft, Survival, Online Co-Op|