|DEVELOPER: Iron Gate AB|
PUBLISHER: Coffee Stain Publishing
|Tuesday, February 2, 2021|
|1st boss fight. Not me|
|^ Game Audio|
|^ First Boss Fight|
|HOW LONG TO BEAT|
|IS THERE ANY DEALS|
|$19.99 (that is a deal!)|
|A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!|
|Early Access Viking Themed Survival Game set in a procedurally generated world (purgatory / valheim) with 5 biomes and more to come. Best to stick to the meadows and steams that you are used to until you gather enough skills, resources and trophies to fight each of the biome bosses. You gonna die…perhaps not…if you survive you will be rewarded with some powers…maybe you should just stick to building long houses and boats. By Odin’s beard! Perhaps you should play with up to 10 other players online to get some help. Oh no you chose PVP. Enjoy Valhala you dead warrior. Have fun walking back to camp.|
– Art – Environmentals look great! The character designs could use some work.
– Animation – Movement is ok. Could be improved. But that is really secondary here…have you seen how minecraft moves!?
– Music/Effects – Hit or miss. Meadow music is pretty mellow…but can get a little repetitive. I turned it down. The action scenes are rocking…Most hits give a satisfying feeling.
– V/O – Mostly grunts. Works.
– World Building – Good enough. Most of it is based on Norse Mythology so the base is good.
– Game Play – Pretty solid crack like gameplay. May I have another…sure…just 5 more minutes.
– AI/NPC – Ok. Well balanced. You can’t ignore them but you should be able to easily defeat most as long as you have been skilling up your character and paying attention to where you are.
– Controls – Works well enough in most cases. A lot of hidden keyboard shortcuts that are not announced in game. You have to hunt them down. Building can be hit or miss.
– Interface – pretty minimal. It works. Most times. Unless you need to build something. Get out of here hammer!
Endgame – Build a nest in the AllFather’s Facial Hair and snuggle in for some Valhala like snuggling.
8 ‘By Odin’s Beard’ out of 10 Valhalas
|Tags: Open World Survival, Craft, Survival, Online Co-Op|
|Little Nightmares II|
|DEVELOPER: Tarsier Studios|
PUBLISHER: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
|Wednesday, February 10, 2021|
|HOW LONG TO BEAT|
|IS THERE ANY DEALS|
|$25.79 – Green Man Gaming|
|Little Nightmares II is a suspense adventure game in which you play as Mono, a young boy trapped in a world that has been distorted by an evil transmission. Together with new friend Six, he sets out to discover the source of the Transmission.|
|I did it for the feeling of dread. |
Awaken in the wilderness as a kid so ugly he has to wear a bag on his head. He’s Mono the bagboy and he is pretty sure he is going to die about 100 more times before he gets out of this Little Nightmare…II..
I love the Little Nightmares games. I played the first and I couldn’t wait to dread it again and last week Tarsier Studios delivered 5to10 hours of singleplayer sidescrolling stealthing, platforming, puzzle solving all while trying not to die in 5 chapters of terror filled with terrible creatures that bloat, stretch and crawl their way to your very soul! STOP TOUCH ME! Eeeek
– Art – Beautifully Creepy and Grotesque
– Animation – Amazing. Almost Dark Souls’esq in some places
– Music – Ratchet!
– V/O – Mostly mumbles. No real languages to lock this into a region.
– World Building – I would not want to live there. But well played.
– Game Play – Better than the first. I rarely got lost and I always felt like I was progressing through the world.
– AI/NPC – Pretty good. Occassionally random. Probably plays well to the Oh Shit factor.
– Controls – Serviceable for the most part. I found myself stuck in nooks and crannys too often for my tastes.
– Interface – not much to speak of.
Holding 6 upside down (that is a 9) out of 10 Oh Shits
|https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=Little Nightmares II|
|https://www.igdb.com/search?type=1&q=Little Nightmares II|
|Tags: Adventure, Horror, Dark, Singleplayer, Puzzle, Platformer, Side Scrolling|
DEVELOPER: Chaosmonger Studio
PUBLISHER: Assemble Entertainment
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
The Live Stream Replay
HOW LONG TO BEAT
IS THERE ANY DEALS
$19.99 Steam ($24.99)
or if you would like to support me by purchasing the game through an affiliate link you can do that as well. (I get a 4% commission) Thank you!
Neo Berlin 2062. Tina – a nine-year-old orphan – lives with SAM-53 – her big clumsy robot guardian –in a rooftop makeshift shelter in Neo-Berlin, a dark megalopolis controlled by corporations.
Point and Click your way through a dystopian cyberpunk Neo Berlin in the year 2062 by directing 9 year old orphan Tina (Tea-ner in European English) and her “assigned at birth” Big Dumb Robot Nanny, Sam-53. Living day to day under a rooftop shelter, the duo makes a survival list that the player must seek out by searching and collecting items and info for solutions to the problem at hand. Manage your inventory of craptastic future trash by dragging items onto one another to combine them when possible (typically you get a “i can’t do that.” “That don’t go here” “Nuh huh” or drag an item onto an NPC who you have encountered to unlock dialogue, complete tasks or just to make swapsies. All in the name of survival and curiosity…
Described as Bladerunner meets Studio Ghibili meets Sam and Max…but I find it more like Bladerunner meets Boderlands meets Sam and Max.
Hits some Nostalgia for me, people have complained about politics in the game. There is a character who has a name that sounds like a real politician but looks and sounds nothing like them. Charming.
Art = A+
V/O = A okay for primary characters…B’s and C’s for secondary characters
Gameplay = A- it is Point and Click bordering on Find Objects game. It can be slow…but if you like Sam and Max type games…this will be pretty good.
Music = B+ Would be an A if I had not have gotten a copyright claim on YouTube.
Value = B+ $24.99 for 12+ hours of entertainment. It gets and A when on sale.
3 Tokens out of 4 possible Tokens or 3/4ths of a full Boop.