|Ultimate Adom: Caverns of Chaos|
|Developer: Thomas Biskup + a huge crew|
Publisher: Assemble Entertainment
|Thursday, February 18, 2021|
|Early Early Access|
|^ Intro Dialogue|
|^ General Audio|
|HOW LONG TO BEAT|
|Who knows! 80+ hours to beat the first one|
|IS THERE ANY DEALS|
|Experience the sequel of the traditional roguelike dungeon-crawling classic. Enjoy unlimited replayability through endless procedurally generated dungeons, countless monsters, grafting, crafting and a vast amount of skill trees. Journey into the ever changing depths of the Caverns of Chaos.|
|Description: Early Access First Thoughts, Hey this is pretty daunting. Oh hey, I get it. I am having a bit of fun. Oh wait, too much of this game is not completed. Oh ok. I’ll be back.|
– Art – It is more robust than ASCII. It is very Chibi. If you are into that. Then you will love the art. If not. well..
– Animation – Limited movement animation. It doesn’t get in the way. But it may not pleasure you either.
– Music/Effects – Love the music and the effects. That part is ready.
– V/O – No a lot of V/O but the intro is entertaining.
– World Building – This is a classic Ancient RPG world building. It works.
– Game Play – It is not a lot of fun to watch. But the Game Play itself is serviceable. Needs better flow
– AI/NPC – Seems to work fine. Most of the responses for interaction with NPCs is stats based. Seems to be balanced.
– Controls – Controls still need a lot of work to bring this game into the present.
– Interface – A little cluttered. Could use some work. Especially when it comes to inventory management and equiping.
– Endgame – it’s a rougelike. I met the Endgame a lot. I managed to get to about 3 levels of dungeoning once.
5 ‘turns’ out of 10 ‘i died agains’ until access is less early
|https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=Ultimate Adom: Caverns of Chaos|
|https://www.igdb.com/search?type=1&q=Ultimate Adom: Caverns of Chaos|
|Tags: Roguelike, Dungeon Crawler, RPG, Turn Based, Adventure, Early Access, procedurally generated|
Please insert Show Intro 3.1…Loading…
and welcome to Filmsack Labs where we straddle the line of what is possible and what is unquestionably going to end in a symphony of screams.
This week we have been working on bringing Virtual Reality based AI into the real world by inserting their programming carts into a pile of silicone nanobots. Essentially creating life! We here at the labs foresee great humanitarian possibilities as a result of this new technology.
Oh hands are going up, alright we have questions. Yes sir, what is your query. “Can we make real world animals like realistic snakes and such with our technology.” Good news! We already have! Would you like to hold her? You would! Excellent. Here ya go I! I expect you will be screaming by the end of this intro.
Ok, next question. Can our technology give Russel Crowe a better singing voice? No…..his voice is already perfect.
Last question! Can we create the perfect woman? Well, why would you want do that…Wait, do you mean like in Weird Science? So you don’t mean “The perfect woman” you mean “the perfect woman.” Oh hell yeah. Reach in that cabinet and hand me that crowd pleaser. No not that one. The one labeled Sheila 6.9.
Hey, anybody hungry? Grab that Sushi Chef 1.2 while you are back there. We are about to get this party started!
Oh no! sensory overload….intro crashed…would you like to reopen? cancel. rebooting Randy.
Virtuosity (1995) – Just because I’m carrying around the joy of sacking your crappy film inside me, doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.
- What is this now? I’ve never heard of this…ohh…from the Director of Lawnmower Man! Is this the same universe?
- Dig this groovy music man. I actually really like this….it is chill…maybe one of my favorite opening credits…
- Characters come in singles and pairs. 01 11 00 10
- All business suits
- “Maybe it’s the uniforms”
- This world is Matrix’esq
- sadistic, dangerous…3 words that describe him
- What do we look for? His eyes? They look like mine? Did they model him after him?
- You got a rice on your face…no problem Gene Simmons of Kiss, or Miley Cyrus
- Busting through paper walls is not as impressive as drywalls.
- Poke my wound hole and I will derezz.
- Too much Neural information.
- Use the convicts to test the VR Trainer
- Sid 6.7 Sadistic, Intelligent, Dangerous
- haha. Denzel looks like Sideshow Bob
- 9 months off for good behavior. 17 years off 9 months.
- Give me my Chalk. I can use right now.
- Metallic Limb detected!
- He was in isolation. Not anymore. General population. Somebody is mad.
- New travels fast. So was he a real cop at some point
- oh…white power eh.
- That guy brought a shiv to a metal arm fight. He gonna lose.
- Denzel is a biter! A lover not a biter!
- How are those prisoners throwing out all that trash through those slots.
- Come get your boy!
- Sushi Chef 1.2. A cart for each version
- I can’t change what I am. I’m a 50 terabyte, self-evolving, neural network, double backflip off the high platform. I’m not a swan dive.
- Just a little notebook flirting.
- “Intriguing…can I write that down?”
- His wife and and kids are dead.
- Another chess Queen reference. Sacrifice the queen.
- She is interactive Clyde.
- Ahhh…Sheila 3.2 Brilliant…Grab her module and follow me.
- Gettin busy
- Just because I’m carrying around the joy of killing your family inside me doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.
- Daryll likes to watch…nah.
- Kicking Sheila 3.2 crystal under the table.
- This guy is thinking Weird Science…and Sid is thinking…I want to kill you.
- Duh…Its a new world Daryl
- Prison run. hoof hoof hoof
- Nanotech Synthetic.
- Mr. Barnes gets a full pardon if he catches Sid.
- So your virtual reality program comes to life and your go to move is to chip the felon and make a deal.
- That is a big brain needle.
- He kept his badge in Mothballs?
- Sid is always getting shit on his face and then licking it off. In VR world he could just lick it off..
- Oh it just got personal! Matthew Grimes killed my wife and daughter.
- Do synthetics not know how to go shopping for clothes off the rack? Do they always have to steal it from folks. yes
- Welcome to our dance club of “Come Hither” and Cameras
- Time for a Rave Symphony! What kind of instrument are you? I am a whimpering.
- Symphony of Scream! Time let very GnR
- Remember the Scream Scene. Louder.
- haha…the elevator bird.
- Shot him right in the back.
- He has to maintain glass mass.
- The Symphony of Collision!!! mu ahaha
- Our hero needs a phycologist. like 12 monkeys
- “Reach in that backseat and hand me that crowd pleaser.”
- Russel Crowe would have made a pretty good Joker
- Sid 6.9 is better.
- Matthew Grimes is a part.
- “That’s how I know…because I know.”
- My purple 150 dollar suit. Now interview me in my underwear.
- All these TVs need to be showing the news.
- Cameras are starting to pop up everywhere…we are almost here.
- Hey! It’s the Rumble Guy! Let’s get ready!
- Kapow…punch everything. Kapow! bum bum…Kapow…bum bum..Kapow
- That guy failed at crowd surfing.
- Sid 6.7 sure likes his human shields.
- what? he killed her?
- “Parker. This one’s for you”
- No arm. No problem. Pew Pew Pew
- When did Sid 6.7 have time to make a embroidered name tag?
- Death TV
- Ed did not enjoy being on Death TV
- Oh great…that was a bad plan…land him in a bunch of glass.
- That conversion process was way too slow.
- Sid can tell the difference between gravity or not.
- How did they fool him?
- Billy is not interested in letting him out.
- WTF Billy.
- So the whole reason for the metal arm was so he could stop that big metal fan.
- If you stand up. It is going to be very bad.
- Bombshop 6.7
|DEVELOPER: Iron Gate AB|
PUBLISHER: Coffee Stain Publishing
|Tuesday, February 2, 2021|
|1st boss fight. Not me|
|^ Game Audio|
|^ First Boss Fight|
|HOW LONG TO BEAT|
|IS THERE ANY DEALS|
|$19.99 (that is a deal!)|
|A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!|
|Early Access Viking Themed Survival Game set in a procedurally generated world (purgatory / valheim) with 5 biomes and more to come. Best to stick to the meadows and steams that you are used to until you gather enough skills, resources and trophies to fight each of the biome bosses. You gonna die…perhaps not…if you survive you will be rewarded with some powers…maybe you should just stick to building long houses and boats. By Odin’s beard! Perhaps you should play with up to 10 other players online to get some help. Oh no you chose PVP. Enjoy Valhala you dead warrior. Have fun walking back to camp.|
– Art – Environmentals look great! The character designs could use some work.
– Animation – Movement is ok. Could be improved. But that is really secondary here…have you seen how minecraft moves!?
– Music/Effects – Hit or miss. Meadow music is pretty mellow…but can get a little repetitive. I turned it down. The action scenes are rocking…Most hits give a satisfying feeling.
– V/O – Mostly grunts. Works.
– World Building – Good enough. Most of it is based on Norse Mythology so the base is good.
– Game Play – Pretty solid crack like gameplay. May I have another…sure…just 5 more minutes.
– AI/NPC – Ok. Well balanced. You can’t ignore them but you should be able to easily defeat most as long as you have been skilling up your character and paying attention to where you are.
– Controls – Works well enough in most cases. A lot of hidden keyboard shortcuts that are not announced in game. You have to hunt them down. Building can be hit or miss.
– Interface – pretty minimal. It works. Most times. Unless you need to build something. Get out of here hammer!
Endgame – Build a nest in the AllFather’s Facial Hair and snuggle in for some Valhala like snuggling.
8 ‘By Odin’s Beard’ out of 10 Valhalas
|Tags: Open World Survival, Craft, Survival, Online Co-Op|
|Little Nightmares II|
|DEVELOPER: Tarsier Studios|
PUBLISHER: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
|Wednesday, February 10, 2021|
|HOW LONG TO BEAT|
|IS THERE ANY DEALS|
|$25.79 – Green Man Gaming|
|Little Nightmares II is a suspense adventure game in which you play as Mono, a young boy trapped in a world that has been distorted by an evil transmission. Together with new friend Six, he sets out to discover the source of the Transmission.|
|I did it for the feeling of dread. |
Awaken in the wilderness as a kid so ugly he has to wear a bag on his head. He’s Mono the bagboy and he is pretty sure he is going to die about 100 more times before he gets out of this Little Nightmare…II..
I love the Little Nightmares games. I played the first and I couldn’t wait to dread it again and last week Tarsier Studios delivered 5to10 hours of singleplayer sidescrolling stealthing, platforming, puzzle solving all while trying not to die in 5 chapters of terror filled with terrible creatures that bloat, stretch and crawl their way to your very soul! STOP TOUCH ME! Eeeek
– Art – Beautifully Creepy and Grotesque
– Animation – Amazing. Almost Dark Souls’esq in some places
– Music – Ratchet!
– V/O – Mostly mumbles. No real languages to lock this into a region.
– World Building – I would not want to live there. But well played.
– Game Play – Better than the first. I rarely got lost and I always felt like I was progressing through the world.
– AI/NPC – Pretty good. Occassionally random. Probably plays well to the Oh Shit factor.
– Controls – Serviceable for the most part. I found myself stuck in nooks and crannys too often for my tastes.
– Interface – not much to speak of.
Holding 6 upside down (that is a 9) out of 10 Oh Shits
|https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=Little Nightmares II|
|https://www.igdb.com/search?type=1&q=Little Nightmares II|
|Tags: Adventure, Horror, Dark, Singleplayer, Puzzle, Platformer, Side Scrolling|
Oh hi guy,
This week on Filmsack we are mining the very depths of Canadian Horror Entertainment … (exasperated breath) …. SAH-ree guys. I don’t know if I can do an intro this week. I’ve just been pretty bummed ever since I found out they canceled the Valentine’s Day Dance. I was really looking forward to you guys finally meeting my Canadian girlfriend.
Anywho, said “totally real Canadian girlfriend” left me a heart shaped box of what I can only assume is chocolates and a note that I am now going to read for the first time right here on the show:
“To whom it may concern, (always a good start)
You are invited to a Saturday night at you-know-who’s house where we will be celebrating the holy holiday of the horny… aka Valentines Day.”
“All Filmsack miners are welcome.” (that is miners with an ‘er’…not ‘or’…just to be clear.)
“The party will commence at sun down and will include all the Moosehead you can stomach and all the miners you can kiss.” (once again; that is miners with an ‘er’)
It continues, “We will be playing all of your beloved Canadian party games like Twister…. Pin the Axe in the miner…SAH-Ree the board game, Pranks that End in Death, Uno and everyone’s favorite Canadian game Bobbing for Weiners.” That’s Jokes!
“Looking forward to seeing you there. Yours truly. The one armed man.”
ok, turns out that was not from my actual Canadian Girlfriend… but this guy seems nice. So hey, would anybody like a piece of chocolate from my totally not a human heart in a heart shaped box that I am not going to even look at before offering you some. No? ok. and now for someone who has been to Canada and lived to sing a ballad about it..Randy.
My Bloody Valentine (1981) – Like getting one of them nasty conversation candy hearts but this one says Be Mined and now your dead. That’s Jokes!
- Bloody L.
- Meanwhile, down in the mines
- View askew
- That miner is a lady!
- No way does her hair and makeup stay like that…
- Stop stroking my breathing tube
- Oh no…he hates heart tattoos! Impaling we will go.
- Stop grab-assing you bunch of
- A hot time on Saturday Night!?
- I’ll give her my valentine! Well yeah…I mean it is Valentines…that is what you do.
- ohhh…the town is The Little Town with the big heart…cause of all the red meat.
- These miners are trouble….
- A love triangle!
- “Suck it in and zip it up!”
- First Valentine Dance in 20 years.
- “Hi Guy” – Ketchup head.
- TJ couldn’t make it on the west coast. He is the mayors son.
- Comes from the heart …what does that card say? Poetry.
- Where are they speeding off to after finding the heart?
- Stabbed his birdie finger.
- The Harbinger of Dooooom
- Down at the Union Hall flashback…tradition for over a 100 years.
- 7 Miners…5 below…2 supervisors above…1 man alive…but he was crazy!
- A warning from Harry…never hold the Valentines dance again.
- Sea Shanty…Harriett…Valentine Virgin name Harriet.
- What are you guys doing with a loose heart? Lady in her 30s
- oh…you said Be Mine…I thought you said Be Mined.
- Everybody: A box of candy! Nobody: Heart.
- Madame Mabell is dead!
- A little protein patrol.
- These guys all sound Canadian
- Everybody is a harmonica player.
- Take a look at my Hairy Warden…by court order.
- TJ vs Axle…the
- Cut down to here…slit up to there…I may not get out alive.
- Upside down heart…what does it mean!
- Something smells funny…nope…not my pipe…maybe it’s these hearts.
- Yelling at the screen…it’s right there! the big bloody dryer ya moron!
- Manniger Mines.
- Harry’s Back
- It will happen thrice…that is the worst lyric yet.
- His name is Jesse…
- Technically…it was heart failure.
- Durn Bartender and his meddling and warnings.
- Moosehead Beer
- Damn kids….Bartender…
- The Bartender just couldn’t get enough of his own joke and now he is mined.
- yay!. It’s just chocolates. ahhh…it’s Mabel
- While it would certainly hurt to bob for wieners.
- The favorite Canadian Mining Town game of bobbing for wieners was short lived.
- It’s yours…Keep it clean
- Howard makes me gag!
- Nothing creepy here…just a bunch of clothes on hooks.
- Like a bad game of Marco Polo…John….Sylvia…John…Sylvia…death!
- We work in the mines everyday…lets head down there during the party.
- Hoss…big boy Hoss.
- You know the rule…no women in the mine.
- This is the worst Tunnel of Love ever (ride down to the coalmine)
- Everybody hates Howard the beer snorting bafoon.
- These horny Canadians.
- Hey you guys!
- Cars: It is hard to get traction in this movie.
- Howard says that Harry Morgan is dead. Nobody knows that.
- He really screwed Harriet and Mike.
- Well there goes my Howard theory…like a sack of taters down a mine shaft.
- Axel or TJ Axel or TJ
- A shovel to an pick axe fight.
- How progressive…she ain’t no damsel in distress.
- Axel…why? Well here is a flashback to daddy being killed by Harry. His dad was the supervisor.
- Harry Ward…Gone Away…but he’ll be back.
- Ok…they got their own Ballad.