oh oh uh oh..it looks like someone has been messing with my 80s Big Bird Magic Slate board that I use or my show notes. I know. I know. it’s risky to keep something so important on something designed to be reused over and over again. But I do love the sound of peeling back the acetate sheet from the slate as the words are ripped from the page and the comfort in knowing that everything I write about Scott can easily be erased from existence with a simple flick of the wrist. Scott is a poopy head…rip! Scott smells like a poop…! BTW most of my Scott insults are poop related…But he will never know…RIP!
Anywho, Perhaps my Magic Slate board is trying to tell me something. Aca-Kuto-Alla-Eta…hmmm…that’s just nonsense. Rip! Alright, I guess I’m winging my intro this week.
This week on Filmsack we are opening “the gate” to pure 80s horror in this low budget film by Hungarian director Tibor Taka…Whaaaaat in the fresh hell is that..
Hey little demon minion..may I assist you on your travels? Oh I see. Yes…I believe you are looking for the Johnson residence. oooh ooh ooh ok. Yes…Utah…right…Here, I’ll just write down the address on my backup Magic Slate featuring Kermit the Frog…..I know…you minion guys love these things..now hold still.. Oh…just let me clear this first slate real quick..Scott eats poop. Rip!
Good hunting my tiny demon assistant friend.
The Gate (1987) – “Demons aren’t going to ring the doorbell Glenn…Well apparently they do Al. Now throw that bible into the hole like some kind of holy hand grenade. Somebody get this dog a beer.
- Who sponsored this kids jacket…everyone!
- Typical 80s suburbia
- Kid home alone…nothing scarier
- No Pleasure…It stinks…no pleasure MTV video
- That is a big hunk of red meat.
- Momma doll…up in the tree house. I had a tree house.
- From dusk to dark in the matter of minutes.
- Chainsaws are the worst to be awaken by.
- It was just a nightmare. or was it.
- That tree laid an egg. Geode..
- How much can you get for a big one…geode.
- Like worst fear as a kid while digging.
- The size of that splinter! Don’t bleed in the old gods demon hole!
- Look at the size of the geode
- Alexandra..don’t call me Al. Al is all grown up…no time for little brother.
- Ever since I burn a hole in the roof…dad won’t let me shoot any rockets.
- Demon Moths!
- dammit Glenn..this hole is getting worse
- 3 whole days.
- If Terry jumped off a bridge…sure…Terry has great jumping skills
- Grounded for digging holes!
- Dad made Glenn cover the hole and then is grounded.
- Terry’s Mom died last year and is weird now.
- There is a construction guy possibly buried in the walls
- Why did I bring these demon moths into my room! That’s cruel…and now they are dead.
- Give the dog his pills…and no parties…PARTY!
- “Somebody get this dog a beer.”
- No one has ever had a house party while their parents leave for the weekend.
- This dang Geode will not split.
- Glenn Power this geode.
- The dog is 97
- Don’t read the words ! What the hell is wrong with you kids
- This Ghostbusters sounding scary music during the scary
- “I believe it girl…” We made up stories to explain the extraordinary…I BELIEVE IT.
- Time to levitate
- Let’s see if we can levitate Glenn…c’mon Brad.
- One Asian Guy…One Black Guy…a collection of white kids from the 80s
- Dad is going to be so mad at me….first the roof.
- I believe girl is a witch…burn the witch!
- Stubblefield pants me too. I barfed on Steve Slavick.
- We are scared…we levitated Glenn.
- Do these pajamas make me look fat?
- No Terry! That ain’t your mom!
- Dammit…You killed Angus! Why Terry! You hugged to the death.
- He was 97…they don’t live much beyond that.
- Killer Dwarfs …thanks Terry.
- Are we eating Angus…don’t worry about Angus…you just eat your bowl of meat Glenn.
- So he loves rockets…is his name really Glenn? or is he named after the restaurant
- Heavy Metal dialogue….lip sync The Dark Book album.
- Convenient …Terry has the one album that explains it all.
- Who keeps a bag of garlic hanging in the kitchen.
- Woo…dropped the F bomb.
- Stupid Al…I’ll just launch this rocket I was going to give you.
- “Sorry Glenn…you got Demons ” – Terry
- The old gods…those are the demons.
- Terry is insane anyways…he doesn’t even have sheets on his bed.
- The hole. The Geode. The Levitation. THE SACRIFICE! …and straight into the hole you go Angus.
- The Gate is just cracked open
- This album has it all…even back masking to close the gate.
- We accidentally summoned demons..but don’t worry…we got it…we used the album.
- awww…Al..you’re back…No beach…just good quality family time.
- 2 human sacrifices!
- “Demons aren’t going to ring the doorbell.”
- Suck my nose until my head caves in…foreshadowing.
- But if Terry is behind us…then who is in the bed? eek
- Scariest part of this movie is the 80s hair
- Everything catches fire
- what now…THE BIBLE
- They need 2 human sacrifices
- Relax…I’m gonna read the last verse.
- Terry just threw the bible in there like some kind of holy hand grenade
- Don’t jump on the gate! are you insane
- She put the boom in boom box
- They keep reconstituting into some kind of demon Voltron
- If it requires 2 D cell batteries we are all dead
- Happy Birthday Al
- That may be the best flipping I have ever seen in a movie
- and nobody else in town even noticed.
- Al will never be allowed to babysit again
- Wait. Angus is alive!?