RollerBall (1975) (125 min – Rated: R)
Rollerball is a 1975 dystopian science fiction film directed by Norman Jewison from a screenplay by William Harrison, who adapted his own short story “Roller Ball Murder”, which first appeared in the September 1973 issue of Esquiremagazine. Although it had an American cast, a Canadian director, and was released by the American company United Artists, it was produced in London and Munich.
ooooh….Houston we have a problem. Looks like moonpie just took it to the back of the head in turn 3. Domo Arigoto Mr. Roboto. yes, may I please have another. Has anyone seen his mom cause I’m pretty sure he’s going to need a juicebox…for the rest of his life. If you bet on red 22. You win! Brainwavez.
Twitter: Rollerball – This wasn’t meant to be a game! Narf. “Help!! Help!! My asian masseuse fell on me!! Get it off…Get it off…she’s so short.” Bam! Erased. Now get out of my house!
Stuff I Loved:
- You just taught me about a new font.
- Oh. Fancy music (Phantom of the opery)
double n to n : Are we winning yet?
Look at that Camera Array. It’s everywhere.
Getting a Hockey/Football/Baseball/Roller Derby feel.
Those guys are some souped up motobikes.
Madrid vs Houston.
- It’s good to see in the future that there is still male on male ass harassment in sports
- Man look at that young James Caan
- Check out my moustache and flyback hair.
- Organ music is the future.
- Controller test his computerized equipment.
- All sports of the future are played on roller skates.
- If you need a cannon to launch your game ball….well…maybe you need to rethink your sport.
- He must hold the ball out in plain view at all times…well that is just bull frap.
- Motocycles and big silver balls.
It’s good to see the ref is still blind in rollerball
- Punch people in the face. Fishhooking. Crotch kicking sure. But if you punch a rider on a bike. That gets you the boos.
He shoots he scores! (go high on the end part.)
- Nothing better than a shirtless rubdown while talking to the rich old whiteman owner.
“I feel mean”
- Corporate wars. Now that is something I would watch!
- the corporate wars….”they were nasty!”
man…only James Caan could make an awesome sport like rollerball sound like cricket. Less talk. More punchies.
- Speedball from Manilla.
- Polyester Onsie!
I love me a Luxury Center. Get me a privilege card.
A lot of 70s cuties in this movie
- Energy versions of books?
Wood paneling. So out of style. it’s in style.
- One of them movie moments.
- I am going to have to be a lot drunker to watch this movie
It’s all about the chest hair. I has it.
Tv’s of the future are not bigger. Just more plentiful.
Holy crap. I want me some Daphne sunglasses. Those are hoooot.
Rollerball is international
A mess of nerves behind the ears.
Tokyo team is gonna use karate. Cowboy up Houston.
- This movie is about rules. But there are no rules.
- Dancing of the future is very reserved. Looks like we are vulcan dancing.
Did he say The Krunk-o-dile?
Let’s see that hit of the week again! Clothes line…Clothes line. What is the future equivalent of clothesline. Washing Machine!! Bam! Washing Machine.
This movie is more about the human experience than about a crazy sport of the future.
- I want concessions.
Rich people hate trees. I mean like Laser gun hate.
Time to smack my corporate concubine.
Here…talk into my gameshow mic.
“Help!! My asian masseuse fell on me!! Get it off…Get it off.”
- Hey…Japanese people are short. I get it now.
- The Japanese anthem sounds like music from the shire. and other Tolkein crap.
These Japanese are creeping me out with their shogun stares. RONIN!
Hey John-na-thon…Don’t stand so close to number 9. It looks silly on TV. “69”
- Pretty sure it is not a good idea to wear those big ole prescription glasses while playing a contact sport such as RollerBalls
- Pretty sure you killed that dude you kicked off the motobike
- How did your buddy die? Punch to the back of the head.
- Alright…when you go down with your eyes open…does that mean you are dead…or just incapacitated?
- A game with so much down time you can literally hangout in a corner with some buddies and form a gang to go attack a stray teammember on the other team.
- Blooood…we want bloood.
Oh no…this turned into soccer. AKA Football for the rest of the world.
Fan in the rink!!
Hey ref….or ball shooter guy. How about stopping the game after you pepsi’s that one dude…you remember…like michael jackson in that pepsi commercial?
“Your teammate is brain dead. But we were unsure if that was how he was when he came in…or if this is a recent injury?”
Holy Crap. They knocked the brain waves out of moonpie
Negative – Computer voice says. Negative.
Don’t understand why Multi-View TV never caught on.
Bam! Erased. Now get out of my house!
and just in case you forget: no penalties and limited player substitutions
Fight Fight Fight!
We need a MASH unit up here!
It wasn’t meant to be a game? then why do I have this Houston Jersey and bobble head doll of Jame Caan!
- Ahhh…sheet…this ain’t no game. It’s a murder.
- Murder Ball!
- Bartholemeul! Were you not entertained!
I feel dystoped
I need some music for my dystopian movie trope. Dystrope!
Bam. I am da man!